- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat.
- Devein shrimp.
- Dice carrots into small cubes, (pre-cut frozen works just fine).
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a wok.
- Warm garlic and scallions to fragrance.
- Add shrimp and toss with garlic and scallions until cooked. Add a pinch of salt and transfer everything out of the wok and set aside.
- Add oil into the same wok to cook carrots and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and stir continuously to prevent burning for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and white pepper.
- Combine cooked shrimp back into the wok and mix.
- Add wine to the edge of the wok.
- Transfer all into a bowl and set aside.
- At high heat, add more oil into the wok.
- Add beaten eggs and stir fry eggs until cooked.
- Add rice and toss until oil coats all the rice.
- Add shrimp and veggies back into wok. Mix evenly throughout.
- Add black pepper, white pepper, and soy sauce to taste. Soy sauce also adds a bit of color to the stir fry. Add more soy, but less salt, for a deeper color.
- Turn off heat and toss in sesame oil.
Serve while it's hot, hot, hot!
Note: To make fried rice, it's always best to use day-old rice. It helps if you dry out the grains so it gives you the chewy texture for perfect fried rice. Make the rice ahead of time and put in the refrigerator or even in the freezer until you are ready to make this delicious dish.