- Cut all vegetables and slice the lemons
- Massage 4 teaspoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of salt into the carrots and daikon. You’ll know they are ready once the daikon won’t break when you bend them in half.
- Rinse the salt and sugar mix off all the veggies.
- To create the pickling mixture, mix warm water, 1 cup of sugar, vinegar, and peppercorns in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Pack the veggies in mason jars.
- Pour mixture to the top of the jar.
- Top with slices of lemons.
Refrigerate overnight to enjoy.
If you like it spicy, add Sichuan peppercorn and diced Thai chili to really bring up the heat.